Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Good News about GNU Arch!

From: Eske Christiansen
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Good News about GNU Arch!
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:21:43 +0200

On Oct 28, 2005, at 6:47 AM, Andy Tai wrote:

Hi, Miles, thanks for pointing out the existences of
some patches.  Now information on their actual
whereabouts will be greatly appreciated!  (will save
the work of tracking them down)  (Also patches are
welcome to implement the features Miles suggested; I
may also look into them as I get the feet wet first)

Great news with you as the new maintainer.
I have one wish (beside world peace etc) and that is some kind of
bugtracking system ala bugzilla!

eske

--- Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

Hey you rock...

I'm still running tla 1.2.something and completely
confused about
which of the zillions of possible successors is any
better... having
an official maintainer would make things more clear.

Btw, how about merging that the "undo limit" patch
that's floating
around?  It's not perfect, but it's _really useful_
for everyday
use... [I think I have an old copy somewhere if you
can't track down
the real thing.]

Some other minor little changes that would be nice
to put in:

  + "tla diff" command [maps exactly to "tla changes
--diffs"; Tom is
cool with this]

  + "diff-style" changeset output should use
reasonable names in the
diff header for added files (e.g., --- /dev/null +++
mod/filename)
instead long-ass weird internal names; this means
just passing --label
to diff I guess.

  + When applying a changeset that removes a
directory, tla shouldn't
actually remove it if it has any non-managed files
left in it -- it
should just remove all the contents it knows about
and then do "rmdir"
(which will fail if there's cruft left) [ok, this is
more like a HUGE
WHOMPING BUG]

Thanks,

-miles