Re: [Gnu-arch-users] a new maintainer and corruption of the volunteer sy

From: Rene Schallner
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] a new maintainer and corruption of the volunteer system
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:17:19 +0200

On Oct 28, 2005, at 02:34 , Thomas Lord wrote:

So, without wishing to reopen the issue, as you know
I find that the volunteer system is too vulnerable to
corruption.

Correct. I also don't want to reopen the issue... but:

If GNU Arch 1.x were to find a new maintainer, that
maintainer and volunteers who helped him would have
an advantage: Canonical has, at least, helped the
project develop a kind of immune-system response
to certain kinds of abuse.

In my opinion, they have done more than that recently. I think that their abandonment of baz works in tla's favour :-). Especially now, with a new maintainer, it shows once again: there's only one true GNU Arch that people can rely on: The original!

Volunteerism is not per se bad and I hope people
would help a new maintainer.