Re: [Gnu-arch-users] into the ether again: wd factor

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] into the ether again: wd factor
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:39:44 +0000

On 02 Nov 2005 14:25:25 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Although I've never used it, it looks like the `--file-list' option of
> `commit' could do the job in the most simple cases.
>
> [...]
>
> What do you think?

You speak about partial undo, changes and commit, i.e.:

  tla undo -- file1 file2 ..
  tla commit -- file1 file2 ..
  tla changes -- file1 file2 ..

This is indeed very useful and many of us use this all the time.

The problem starts when different hunks of the same file-diff belong to
different logical changesets, or when you have dozens of modified files
and just can't remember which changes belong to that specific feature.

This thread is about some kind of _interactive_ tool to help with this.

Regards,
Mikhael.