[Gnu-arch-users] Re: TLA Replay nastiness

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: TLA Replay nastiness
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:17:21 +0100

Colin Fox <address@hidden> writes:

> Can anyone explain why the following happens:
>
> 1. Create a directory in an already arch-controlled tree
> 2. tla add the dir
> 3. Put a file in to the dir, without an arch-tag.
> 4. Do a "tla update", updating your tree from someone else's changes
> 5. tla actually DELETES the directory, rather than just moving it off to
> a safe place.

update does roughly

undo
replay (or apply-delta)
redo

You'd probably get the same behavior with

$ tla undo && tla redo

undo means compute the changeset, and apply it in reverse to the local
tree. The changeset will say "this directory has been added". So, the
reversed changeset will say "this directory has to be deleted". In
this case, I believe tla does "rm -fr" on the directory.

That's a known issue (Aaron reported this a while ago), but it seems
that none of baz and tla fixed it.

--
Matthieu