Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revision

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revision, second try
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:06:06 +0000

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:30:25AM +0000, Mark Flacy wrote:
> On 2005.12.05 10:49, address@hidden wrote:
> >   Sorry, I keep forgetting there are people in this world who didn't
> >   grow up watching Bugs Bunny.  That was a joke.
> >
> >And some people have forgotten how to do proper sarcastic remarks in
> >email which lacks the subtiltiies of normal speech.
>
> When someone drops into written dialect as Stephen did, you should
> consider that he did it for effect.

I'm so used to seeing incompetent use of English around here by now
that my brain just autocorrects this stuff before I read it. If you
want to get my attention then write it backwards or in ancient hebrew
or something.

Personally, I always preferred to denote sarcasm by making it too
absurd to believe. Of course, some people are too stupid even to
notice that, but communication with them is probably impossible
anyway.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |