Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revi

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revision
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:24:24 -0500

Stefan> But IIUC rather than removing the revlib, it would be
Stefan> better to re-snap the inodes because the revlib hasn't
Stefan> actually been corrupted.  Right?

> It seems to me you'd have to be pretty tricky to save much over
> rebuilding the revlib, at least if you wanted to be sure.

Assuming you have a strong hash of the whole revision, re-snapping can be
done without accessing the archive, whereas rebuilding the revision would
require accessing the archive.  When the archive is remote, the difference
is enormous.

        Stefan