Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revision

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch: automatic remove the corrupt revlib revision, second try
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:44:38 +1100

Trying again with an address the listserv likes

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 17:00 -0800, Derek Zhou wrote:
> Addressing Matthieu's concern. Now it prints a warning message. Also does
> a rename before the rm.

I know I haven't posted much here recently. But let me add to this
thread - I completely agree with Tom on this...

I think that removing corrupt revlib entries is a profoundly bad idea,
there are way to many things that can go wrong when removing it (and
renaming before rm_rf only mitigates, it does not remove those things),
let alone the lack of ability to diagnose something that should be
extremely rare (IME folk rarely move revlibs around - I only recall two
users that have done that; compare with folk moving pristines around,
copying trees, scping them etc - those I was hearing complaints on
near-daily at one point).

Rob