Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch on Savannah

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch on Savannah
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:13:13 -0500

On Saturday 10 December 2005 11:45 am, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> On 09 Dec 2005 17:52:35 -0500, Michael J. Flickinger wrote:
> > After some long sftp-server hacking, we have a secure way to offer Arch
> > hosting with some bells and whistles as well
>
> Sounds promissing, although I am not sure hacking sshd is the best thing.
>
> I would really appreciate having a real shell account instead, a-la
> SourceForge. With access to the web pages too. We needed to setup an
> external arch-to-cvs gateway just to edit the web pages, this is painful.

Due to an extremely paranoid security model at Savannah, we won't be offering
shell accounts.

What exactly do you mean by web pages, I find this slightly ambiguous?
Are you referring to project's webpages at Savannah or the web pages for the
Arch archives?

> If the intention is to make it impossible for a user to remove the arch
> project history, then daily backups may be a good solution.

Once again, revolving around the super paranoid security model, sftp-server.c
was hacked to change ownership of patches/bases, once committed, to root and
make them undeleteable/changeable to project members.  Basically, once
something is committed to an archive, it's committed.

This does present one minor problem however, the uncacherev command will not
work.

> Anyway, I tried to use the instructions, and here are the results:
>
>   % tla register-archive
> sftp://address@hidden/archives/administration Registering archive:
> address@hidden
>
>   % tla categories address@hidden
>   arch-subsystem
>   arch-webpage
>
>   % tla abrowse address@hidden/arch-subsystem
>   address@hidden
>     arch-subsystem
>   sftp status: Permission denied
>
> Is this intentional, or just something missing in the sshd hack? :)
> Also, the archives are created without 'make-archive --listing' option.

Neither, this is due to the fact arch-subsystem is not publically readable, as
it's a private archive.

--
Michael J. Flickinger