[Gnu-arch-users] interesting research paper

From: Andy Tai
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] interesting research paper
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:53:21 -0800 (PST)

This research paper may be of interest...

http://eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/11606/

Tom, you have competitions related to your research!
----
Version Control in Online Software Repositories

Watkins, E. R. and Nicole, D. A. (2005) Version Control in Online Software
Repositories.
Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Software Engineering
Research and Practice II
pp. 550-556.

Abstract

Software version control repositories provide a uniform and stable interface to
manage documents
and their version histories. Unfortunately, Open Source systems, for example,
CVS, Subversion, and
GNU Arch are not well suited to highly collaborative environments and fail to
track semantic
changes in repositories. We introduce document provenance as our Description
Logic framework to
track the semantic changes in software repositories and draw interesting
results about their
historic behaviour using a rule-based inference engine. To support the use of
this framework, we
have developed our own online collaborative tool, leveraging the fluency of the
modern
WikiWikiWeb.

    * Item Type Article
    * Keywords Cryptography, Online Collaboration, Semantic Web, Version
Control, WikiWikiWeb
    * Research Group Declarative Systems and Software Engineering Research Group
    * Deposited On 28 November 2005 by Nicole, Denis
    * ISSN 1-932415-49-1
    * ID Code 11606
    * Performance Indicator EZ~02~02~04