Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:47:42 -0500

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 03:36:24AM +0100, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    >    100+ commands confuse the hell out of most people. Should I
>    >    use rbrowse or abrowse? get or grab? changes or diff? update
>    >    or replay?  I can go on and on. We could show everything if
>    >    the everything is self consistant and orthogonal; however tla
>    >    is clearly not the case.
>    >
>    > Wouldn't it then be better to make things self consitent instead?
>    > Not exactly sure what you are refering to...
>
> [...snip...]
>
>    I think Andy Tai made it clear that this sort far reaching changes
>    are out of scope for tla.
>
> I don't think that improving `tla help' is such a far reaching change.

If you hunt around for 1.2.2rc2 (I have no idea of where I kept it any
more)...

There was a change for help that broke help up into about six categories.
Getting help on one of those categories generally provided about 6
commands.

--
James Blackwell http://jblack.linuxguru.net
Gnupg 06357400  F-print AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D  247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400