Re: [Gnu-arch-users] file system interface to a database

From: John Arbash Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] file system interface to a database
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:39:06 -0600

Derek Zhou wrote:
> Andy Tai <address@hidden> writes:
> I am against the idea of using a database as a tla archive
> backend. IMHO one major strength of tla is the dumb, append only file
> server storage model so backup/restore is easy and I can tinker with the
> archive if I have to.
> This being said, it probably make sense to use sqlite to manage the
> patch logs in a checked out tree. Those are highly structured data
> currently stored as thousands of small files, yuck.
> Derek

Well, the baz format archives (with $archive/category--branch--version/
instead of $archive/cat/cat--branch/cat--branch--version) are much more
friendly to the windows filesystem.
The painful operations are revision libraries and working trees.
Especially the temporary checkouts, where you have

That is where I was running into problems.