[Gnu-arch-users] Re: doc formats

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: doc formats
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:38:11 -0800

Stephen (on Wiki-ish tables):
> Of course if you want something complex, with cells spanning rows and
> columns, it's annoying because you need the vertical rules.

Yup.  In my experience that is the #1 pain in the neck for
wiki parser designers/implementors.

Another thing you want is call-outs to completely different parsing
techniques.   For example, there should be a math expression language
in there for which traditional parsing techniques are quite well known
but the connection to the kind of parser engine you want for wiki text
is pretty uselessly abstract (afaict so far).