[Gnu-arch-users] Re: doc formats

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: doc formats
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:07:54 -0800

Stephan:
> In the end I think you're just going to end up with something possibly
> as powerful as XML and certainly as confusing, trading overall
> regularity for some additional readability for simple documents.  Is
> it worth your time?

What a tricky question.

On the market, "my time" has negative value -- people who spend
relevantly to it spend more in directions that reduce that
resource without using than is spent utilizing or extending
it.  Still, I understand what you mean to ask....

What do you mean by "XML"?  Do you mean DOM?  Typing systems?
Query systems?  Machine-to-machine exchange formats?  Awiki
is orthogonal to and complementary to those things -- Awiki
can make those things more valuable.

Do you mean "XML syntax?"  That would seem to me to have very
different (appropriate, not practiced) use cases than what
I have been describing.