Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial

From: Pedro Perez
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:43:10 -0500

Andy Tai wrote:

On 3/27/06, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes, I can put up there. Maybe we just go ahead and put what's up
today there and then make changes as we go according to the
suggestions and reviews from people here.
Yes, why not.

The current tutorial (as a work in progress) is up at www.gnu.org
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/tutorial/).  The old tutorial is
moved to a directory called tutorial-old.  Both are referenced from
the main page.

Thanks!  And please send additions or updates for the tutorial to
Ludovic or this mailing list for inclusion in further updates.  Thanks
in advance!

Andy
This is excellent news. It is looking pretty good.

I have a question. While reading the tutorials (new, and old) I noticed the usage of a subsection called "How it works . . ." My question is the following, should we place the "How it works" data in another page and link to it from the parent section page?

In my opinion (correct me if I am wrong), most users are originally interested on how to use the tool been studied at hand, rather than learning the engineering behind it. Under that assumption, deferring engineering information for a later time (whenever the user starts to ask, How does tla accomplishes X?) makes sense.

What do you guys think?

--
Pedro Perez