Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Debian and package-framework

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Debian and package-framework
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 01:12:19 +0200

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 08:01:40PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> I have a few questions with regard to packaging / package-framework,
> could you help us?

I think I can answer some of them now, feel free to correct me :)

- documentation: read comments in
  src/build-tools/scripts/configure-dirs

- cross-compilation: this would require passing --host/--build
  ../configure options down to PLUGIN/AUTOCONF-based components, and
  introducing a caching or best-guess mecanism in hackerlab's
  compile-time tests afaics - so I can forget about it.

- using externals libs instead of PLUGIN ones (for libneon): that one
I still wonder about :) Is it supported by package-framework somehow,
or will I have to trick the system? (eg. via some hand-made Makefile
rules that would set gcc -I and ld -L appropriately?)

Thanks!

--
Sylvain