Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OpenBSD madness...

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OpenBSD madness...
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:59:00 -0700

In general, the GNU Arch coding standard has been to
avoid certain C99 features (so, not "//" comments, no local
variable declarations in the middle of code) and to
not indent code in the manner of a monkey on meth and
in the midst of a psychotic breakdown.   So, yes,
cmd-export.c could use some work.

Much, but not all of the indenting weirdness of the
file appears to be the result of someone editing code
with tab width set to 4 characters.  Other parts -- well,
I can't even begin to imagine what the author(s) were
thinking.

Sigh.

Hey, Andy.... um.... huh?

-t

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
   > {
   >   int foo;
   >   foo = 0;
   >   int bar;
   > }

   These are not silly. This was not a valid "C" last time I checked.

It is valid GNU C though, and I think it might be valid C99.  But I
don't have the standard at hand.