Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirroring local archives locally and remotley

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirroring local archives locally and remotley
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:32:23 +0200 (CEST)

   > Note that for users of your mirrors, the name transparently
   > remains your original archive name (without the `-MIRROR' thing),
   > which is really neat.

   I personally dislike the `-MIRROR' and `-SOURCE' special-casing.  I
   found it hard to understand (especially when looking at the online
   doc where it is unclear whether the capital letters denote
   address@hidden' in Texinfo terms, or whether they should be taken
   literally), plus it leaves the impression that each archive can
   only have one mirror.

I agree, and I was specially reminded just recently why I also dislike
it.