[Gnu-arch-users] `touched-files-prereqs' and `larch'

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] `touched-files-prereqs' and `larch'
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:38:41 +0200

Hi,

While working a bit on the tutorial, I came across the following text:

                 % tla touched-files-prereqs REVISION

     That command looks at the patch set for `REVISION' and at all
  preceding patch sets in the same version (it searches your library
  rather than your repository for this purpose).  It reports the list of
  patches that touch overlapping sets of files and directories - in other
  words, it tells you what patches can be applied independently of
  others.  The command has an option to exclude from consideration file
  names matching a certain pattern (e.g., `=README' or `ChangeLog').  It
  has an option to exclude from the output list patches which have
  already been applied to a given project tree.  It has an option to
  report the specific files which are overlapped.

It was also announced on the LKML [0], and apparently it was part of
`larch' at some point [1].

Which brings me to two questions:

  - Did it ever make it in `tla', in a specific branch?

  - Does someone have a copy of `larch'?  I wasn't here at that time and
    I'd be glad to have a look at it --- sometimes, I act like an
    archaeologist.  ;-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2002-06/0023.html