Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE-REQUEST] `make-archive' and existing directo

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE-REQUEST] `make-archive' and existing directories
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:49:16 +0200

Hi,

Thomas Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> Savannah projects that use arch should plan for multiple archives.
> E.g., what
> if in addition to the project's main archive, they want to mirror the
> archive
> of a major contributor or friendly fork there?

These are actually good points and I think I am quite convinced now.
But note that this is policy, and even though I now find that they are
good arguments in its favor, I'm not sure it's tla's job to impose such
policy.

Thanks,
Ludovic.

PS: Note that it is generally much easier to convince people with
    tangible arguments like this rather than arguing by authority
    ("trust Me, this is the Right Thing")...  :-)