Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GPLv2 or GPLv2+

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GPLv2 or GPLv2+
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:17:55 -0800

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
Then Tom needs a good spanking for obfuscating things for no peculiar
reson.

As much as I might enjoy that sort of thing (and don't we all, really)
I'm not  so sure I agree.

I put in a "reasonable best effort" on such things under the circumstances,
but it would have cost (more) real money to keep all of those things
in perfect order.

(No, I don't take you to be harshly scolding me in the slightest.  I'm
not trying to be defensive about the matter at all.   I'm just saying
that there's only so much one can do and perfecting all the notices would
have taken quite a lot more hours that would have had to have been
paid for *somehow*.   It didn't seem an especially important priority
since, had larger-scale funding happened at all, it would have been easy
to clean up pretty quick.   Sorry for the mess but, whatcha gonna do?)