Re: square-braces-as-parens minor mode

From: Noah Friedman
Subject: Re: square-braces-as-parens minor mode
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:24:08 -0800 (PST)

Some years ago I decided that a minor mode for such keymappings drove me
insane; I may want mode-sensitive commands, but I do not want a
mode-sensitive keyboard.  In X I probably would not use an emacs-only
solution at all, but sometimes you're on a glass tty and remapping keys in
emacs is all you can do.

Toward that end I solved the same problem with
which works using a keyboard translation table.  This is not quite as clean
as a minor mode in some respects, but I think the preferred way to handle
remapping keys.