(unofficial) GNU Emacs for VMS available

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: (unofficial) GNU Emacs for VMS available
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:21:57 +0100

greetings earthlings,

Emacs for VMS lives!

more precisely, a method for autoconfiscating, configuring, building and
installing Emacs for VMS from source is now available.  whether or not
this method works for you is of intense interest to me (so i can learn
how to recognize and fix bugs).  please see:

  http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/emacs-for-vms/

and let me know what flies, what trails, what tries and what fails.

(if you are receiving this message and are not subscribed to the
gnu-emacs-sources mailing list, it is because you have indicated an
interest in the past re Emacs for VMS.  no worries, future announcements
will be posted only to the mailing list.)

all code is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
"unofficial" (in the subject line) means that this is not "GNU software"
per se, although perhaps in the future it will be.

thi