Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 00:25:04 -0400

    >     You (the GNU project) already does so with EMMS.
    >
    > What is EMMS, and how does EMMS relate to mplayer?

    It's an Emacs interface to various command line media players.  It also
    has a lot of features you would expect from a full blown GUI media
    player, like playlists, ability to browse your media files, managing web
    streams and a lot more.

    mplayer is one of the supported players.

Why do you say that EMMS is something that we, the GNU Project, are doing?
Does the GNU Project support or recommend EMMS?