Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 09:31:41 -0400

    Can't you do that with a defadvice? I was tempted to add a hook for
    adaptive sorting too, but I decided to use advice instead, because I
    don't want to add stuff which only serves a particular purpose and can
    be implemented with standard emacs methods.

If we hope to install this in Emacs some day, please don't
use advice.  It is bad for debugging to have one part of Emacs
put advice on another, so we want to avoid installing such things.

It is better to add new hooks in Emacs, where they are needed.