Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: billclem
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 17:54:38 -0000

On Aug 6, 10:33 am, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Tamas,
>
> On Aug 3, 10:16 pm, "address@hidden"
>
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The new version is uploaded to emacs wiki.
>
> In the latest revision (revision 58) of anything.el, there are a
> couple of things that need fixing:
>
> 1. (minor) There is a space at the beginning of " (defun anything-
> maybe-fit-frame ()" that should be removed.
>
> 2. The call to fit-frame in anything-maybe-fit-frame passes in 4
> params. The 4th parameter to fit-frame was only added on July 21,
> 2007. Therefore, this causes breakage for anyone using a released
> version of emacs or a CVS emacs that is not pretty recent. Since the
> params are optional, you could either just pass in 3 params or
> condition the call.

Another problem:

3. If I use the fit-frame-inhibit-fitting-flag equivalent (setq
inhibit-fit-frame-flag nil), that prevents the fit-frame code from
executing; however, the modify-frame-parameters call in anything-maybe-
fit-frame still gets executed (which results in the existing frame
being moved). This is very irritating. Maybe you could either
condition modify-frame-parameters with both fit-frame-inhibit-fitting-
flag and inhibit-fit-frame-flag (you'll need to use both as the
variable name changed after the July 21, 2007 fit-frame mod) or create
an anything-specific variable and use a let statement to temporarily
set the values of fit-frame-inhibit-fitting-flag and inhibit-fit-frame-
flag and condition the calls to fit-frame and modify-frame-parameters.

- Bill