compilation-onewin.el v.3 -- compilation buffer in one-window

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: compilation-onewin.el v.3 -- compilation buffer in one-window
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:52:12 +1100

This is a spot of code I've used to have an M-x compile window start as
one window in the frame, ie. a whole frame window.  It remembers whether
the buffer was last viewed one-window or the usual split-window style
and does that again on the next M-x compile.

I find it handy when re-running compiles that have bigger output than
compilation-window-height can usefully accommodate.  If I went to
one-window last run then I want one-window again!

I suspect there's a more general kind of rule lurking, maybe things like
maybe C-h i info-lookup-symbol similarly remember how you last looked,
but the compilation is the only one that's mattered to me.