Re: export bbdb fields to ispell personal dictionary

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: export bbdb fields to ispell personal dictionary
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 19:10:52 +0100

Hello Roland,

I am pleased to release version 1.1 of bbdb spell. Below are details of
changes.

"Roland Winkler" <address@hidden> wrote:

> - could you please use defcustom instead of defvar

done

> - "The first line of the documentation string should consist of one
>   or two complete sentences that stand on their own as a summary."

done

> - Another small thing: Your internal variables (args of functions)
>   have names like bsef-field where `bsef' is short for
>   bbdb-spell-export-field. This is not quite "the usual elisp
>   style". Global variables should use the prefix for the package
>   (such as `bbdb'). But there is no such need for internal
>   variables. Anyway, a prefix such as bsef does not help so much
>   because it is not very mnemonic, nor does it become clear that the
>   corresponding variable is belonging to the package `bbdb' and not
>   to some other package `bsef'.

I use these mnemonic because I got burned when I was writing nterm with
variables being clobbered due to global scope. I also find it useful if
I decide to rename the variable that they have somewhat unique name.
However as your requested I have changed them to shorter name.

>   (dolist (bar foo)
>     ...)

I thought inclusion of cl was frowned upon. I have made the changes and
the code is much nicer to read. Thanks for the suggestion.

> - Check the code of `ispell-word' for how to avoid the `sit-for'.
>   (I guess there should really be a function in ispell for that
>   purpose that could be used by other packages, but it does not exist.)

I have changed it to (ispell-accept-output 1) it looks nicer but it's
probably doing the same thing.

> - Really small thing:
>   I suggest (setq show-trailing-whitespace t) for your lisp editing

Yeah I have it except it wasn't turned on for the bbdb sub directory ;)