buffer-variables-display

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: buffer-variables-display
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 13:55:12 +0200

Greetings earthlings,

A long time ago, i was tickled to learn about the trailing "p"
(or "-p" or "_p") naming convention for predicate functions and
in typical ttn style, went overboard applying it to variable
names (state) as well.  So now, years later, my code is full of
this mix of proper (function) and improper (non-function) names.
[Let's ignore Lisp-1 languages, like Scheme, for this post.]

As part of an effort to correct this, in small steps, where i
can, before i disappear for good, i wrote a small command to
help me through the process of identifying variable names in GNU
RCS, which is (currently) implemented in C.

This command stands on the shoulders of CC Mode, Font-Lock, and
Button features, which probably means it could be improved for
better footing and further vision, by an inclined hacker.  I
present it here as a useful sketch, and as a reminder that this
mailing list is still good for small, purpose-built, stuff.

As always, feedback welcome!  (Maybe something like this already
exists in Emacs?  I wouldn't be surprised.  :-D)

--
 (defun responsep (query)