[GNU-linux-libre] RFCs and FSDG

From: Dmitry Samoyloff
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] RFCs and FSDG
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 01:46:28 +0400

Hi,

There are 3 documents that were removed from the Debian and its
derivatives.

  From libtheora:

1) http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora/doc/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-theora-00.txt

  From libogg:

2) http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3533.txt
3) http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5334.txt

For that reason, they are also absent both in gNewSense and
Trisquel. I'm working on LibreWrt 2 currently and I wonder how much
non-free are those texts? Are they not good for FSDG distros too?

The number 2's copyright statement seems contradictory to me but it's
probably my bad English:

  This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to
  others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it
  or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published
  and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any
  kind, provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph
  are included on all such copies and derivative works.  However, this
  document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing
  the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other
  Internet organizations, except as needed for the purpose of
  developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for
  copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be
  followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than
  English.

1's and 3's copyright statements both point to BCP 78 ( "This document
is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions contained in BCP
78, and except as set forth therein, the authors retain all their
rights."  ) It is located at http://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp78 and it's
somewhat hard for me to decipher as a license :-)

Well, can somebody say something certain on these texts? :-) Are they
OK or not for a free software distro in the FSF sense?