Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME

From: Felipe Sanches
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:08:56 -0300

I can see good usages of the MAME codebase for documentation of the
history of computer hardware. (I do it VERY often).

Or for running homebrew free implementations of games on the emulator
(I already did that myself a couple times).

It seems like the source package is undisputably free, while the
binary package is also free, but inducing users to download and run
non-free ROMs.

That's also the case for any other free-software emulator, though. Any
idea how we've dealt with this in cases such as dosbox, and other free
software emulators?