Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ConnochaetOS 14.2 RC1

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ConnochaetOS 14.2 RC1
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 13:37:45 +0200

On Sun, 07 Aug 2016, Henry Jensen wrote:

> ConnochaetOS 14.2 RC1 has been released. This is the first release
> candidate of upcoming ConnochaetOS 14.2.

congratulations!

> ConnochaetOS is a fully free/libre, though not (yet) endorsed by the FSF,

I went reading back the archives and noticed that, besides the
humongous diversion of topic in the thread debating your request in
2011, all the specific observations raised (GNU/Linux wording, Free
Software wording, recommendation of non-free software to burn isos)
were quickly corrected by yourself.

There is no current trace on why ConnochaetOS is not endorsed among
the 100% free distributions, while it would be a very useful addition,
mostly because:

- it is based on Slackware
- it does not contain systemd (hence keeps compatible with Hurd)
- it is developed in Europe (where software patents have no entrance)

I urge all people listening at the FSF to recap on this process, which
was left in the air and without follow up, despite the good
cooperation offered by its main developer.

ciao

--
~.,_   Denis Roio aka Jaromil    http://Dyne.org think &do tank
    "+.   CTO and co-founder      free/open source developers