Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola evaluation

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola evaluation
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 13:18:28 +0200

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 09:31:49AM +0100, Michael Dorrington wrote:
> Because they are not under Free Culture licences, see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_Free_Cultural_Works
>
> No need to re-go through the arguments, the FSF simple don't believe
> that all their (or anyone else's) works should be under Free Culture
> licences and it is isn't a requirement of the FSDG.  Ask the FSF if you
> don't believe me.

As Hyperbola states here on:
https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id=en:main:social_contract

> Hyperbola is free culture: All documentation and
> cultural works included in Hyperbola are free
> culture, with the exceptions of: works stating a
> viewpoint, invariant sections and cover texts. All
> documentation and cultural works created by or for
> Hyperbola are free culture, with no exceptions.

They do accept works stating a viewpoint as
exception and invariant sections and cover texts
as exceptions.

So they are very specific about it, and that is
fine to me to be accepted as fully free GNU system
distribution.

And it is part of universal agreement that my
opinions are my opinions and that nobody shall put
their words in my mouth, rather make up their own
opinions, so I do not see a point for free culture
movement to claim that even opinions of other
people shall be modifiable... it is a joke.

Jean Louis