Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola: Does not encourage users to use or inst

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola: Does not encourage users to use or install non-free software
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 11:16:12 -0300

2018-05-17T09:31:25-0400 bill-auger wrote:
> to be clear - the points mentioned in the OP are not really what this
> criteria is about - this one is less tangible and all-encompassing
> beyond the actual software that is in the repos or technical safeguards
> like the blacklist - for examples, all documentation such a wiki page
> that mentions non-free enhancements or third-party repos, promotional
> materials, or even mailing list or chat discussions when someone
> recommends or assists a user to install something non-free

I agree with bill-auger here.

One of the differences I explain when installing free/libre distros
during install fests is that the GNU FSDG also cares to attempt to
evaluate the community behind the distro.

Of course one is free to use non-free software privately for himself,
but please don't go around
teaching/recommending/installing/sharing/selling that thing to
others. That is: don't put your hands in the fire for that person just
to get the "joy" of running non-free software.

--
- Formas de contato: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Ativista do /software/ livre (não confundir com gratuito). Avaliador
  da liberdade de /software/ e de /sites/.
- Arquivos que aceito: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#Arquivos
- Contribuições à sociedade:
  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#Contributions
- Gosta do meu trabalho? Contrate-me ou doe algo para mim!
  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#Suporte
- Use comunicações sociais federadas padronizadas, onde o "social"
  permanece independente do fornecedor. #DeleteWhatsApp. Use #XMPP
  (https://libreplanet.org/wiki/XMPP.pt), #DeleteFacebook
  #DeleteInstagram #DeleteTwitter #DeleteYouTube. Use #ActivityPub via
  #Mastodon (https://joinmastodon.org/).
- #DeleteNetflix #CancelNetflix. Evite #DRM:
  https://www.defectivebydesign.org/