Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ppc64el support in endorsed distros

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ppc64el support in endorsed distros
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 23:58:04 +0200

On Thu, 31 May 2018 12:46:32 +0200
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <address@hidden> wrote:
> == Cross toolchains ==
> In Parabola we have crosstool-ng but I didn't spend enough time
> on it to successfully create a toolchain.
> > $ pacman -sS crosstool
> > pcr/crosstool-ng 1.23.0-1.parabola1
> >     Versatile (cross-)toolchain generator, with Linux-libre kernel
> > support pcr/crosstool-ng-git 1.22.0.r21.g2d3c70d-1.parabola2
> >     Versatile cross-toolchain generator, with Linux-libre kernel
> > support
Some days ago, I tried pcr/crosstool-ng on an x86_64 machine with 8G of
ram, to build a gcc-4 cross toolchain for ARM with no libc (bare
metal). It is very easy to use, this time it worked out of the box.

It also seems to be able to generate toolchains for powerPC 64bit
little endian but I didn't test that.

Denis.