Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola: Final comments

From: Donald Robertson
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola: Final comments
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 08:43:08 -0400

On 06/25/2018 04:23 AM, Jean Louis wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 10:10:32AM +0200, Benoît wrote:
>> I am sending this email to check if any of you have some remaining comments
>> on Hyperbola review before going forward.
>>
>> All the points have been covered and no comments have been made apart during
>> the beginning of the evaluation.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> belette
>
> Hyperbola is on the way to become fully free
> distribution, and you should carefully verify
> https://issues.hyperbola.info/ as one can track
> what is being done there.

They've apparently tagged each instance of the use of 'open source' by a
package as a freedom issue, so don't get thrown off by the high count of
open freedom issues. A package using the term while regrettable isn't
really a freedom issue, and isn't even an issue for endorsement. It
would probably be best just to close those issues to keep the 'freedom
issue' tag cleaner.

--
Donald R. Robertson, III, J.D.
Licensing & Compliance Manager