[patch] hyphens at start of line

From: Christophe Rhodes
Subject: [patch] hyphens at start of line
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:32:42 +0100

Dear all,

I think the attached patch fixes the issues regarding the hyphens
overprinting syllables at the start of a new line. However, I don't
pretend to be an expert on either C++ or Lilypond's internals, so I
can't be sure. Do let me know if I've made a stupid assumption (in
particular, I'm slightly worried about the cut'n'paste job I did to be
able to test whether a particular thing is in the first column.

Patch is against 1.3.88.

Cheers,

Christophe

PS: if this goes in, the documentation probably needs to be updated
regarding the hyphen minimum-length, saying that it's not a hard but a
soft minimum, but that it should be viewed mostly as the multiplier
for the geometric mean thingy.
--
Jesus College, Cambridge, CB5 8BL                           +44 1223 524 842