Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers

From: Klaus von der Heyde
Subject: Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:42:48 +0200

Snuffelluffogus wrote:

> Interesting lie. Actually this is only true in agricultural societies,
> but as everyone knows it isn't the poor indian farmers whose are
> getting tech jobs, it is the city people.

There is a migration from the rural areas into the cities. In cities,
there are better job opportunities, as the people who work in tech
jobs usually spend their money where they live (some may send money
to their parents/grandparents in rural areas, though). This is common
during the industrialisation process. As farming gets more and more
modernized, fewer people are needed to produce a rising amount of
food (as can be seen in Europe and the USA, where this process was
started more than 150 years ago).

> In their case overpopulation
> is caused by vanity, foolishness, religion, tribalism and racism.

People working in the industry and service sector tend to have fewer
children. They are less easily fooled by religious leaders and tend
to be more open to innovation. The "typical" US family is their
model, in both number of children and lifestyle.

With that, most of the new middle class are actually our allies in
propagating freedom against political and religious extremisms, which
flourishes where unemployment and low wages are the norm.

Said this, would be better to invest in long-term jobs with good
payment (compared to the local cost of life), instead of short-term
near-slavery production methods for cheap products. Thus, jobs in
IT are very positive. In India, both population and government (it
is a democracy, after all...) recognized this.

> So again, their screwing up is their problem and barriers should be
> erected to protect more responsible citizens of wealthy countries from
> the mistakes of the screwup populations.

It seems you think that people in other countries are stupid.
They are not.

Klaus