Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: Snuffelluffogus
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: 6 May 2004 13:23:24 -0700

"Bernd Jendrissek" <berndj@prism.co.za> wrote in message

> FWIW, it's not evil, but *good* from my perspective.  I'm not exactly in
> India or wherever the latest fashionable ofshoring destination is, but
> I'm certainly in a "cheap labour" country, compared to the U.S.

Then you are biased...

> You see, there is no absolute moral standard which you can apply to your
> "evil corporations" - it's situational ethics.

Not at all correct. Your argument is the same as saying that if
the Italian Mafia decided to open an ice cream shoppe in your town,
you should consider only your benefit, assuming the product was
good and no one got killed, then praise the Mafia as good for you.
You are simply being irresponsible, selfish, unethical.
You are like the monkey that covers its eyes and ears saying
it sees no evil, hears no evil. You are not innocent.

As for your claim that I automatically must "want it all",
you are wrong and you are merely projecting your own greed (which is
your MORAL DEFECT) onto me.