Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: Snuffelluffogus
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: 6 May 2004 18:03:20 -0700

> > No, not all freedoms are the same. The action of dumping your labor
> > into the market and thereby harming other workers is one which in
> > any civil society will be restricted.
>
> So you think marriage should be prohibited since it harms
> prostitution?  Church choirs should be forbidden since they harm
> professional singers?  Families should be disbanded since their
> existence is a direct threat to the jobs of streetworkers and
> psychiatrists?  Anybody that can be shown to have endangered the jobs
> of law enforcement officers and judges by dissuading somebody else
> from committing a crime should be fined the loss of salaries he is
> responsible for?

Hyperbole is good for a joke, but useless here. Obviously
society has to define its values. Total employment is an important
value, I would say the main value. As for church choirs, they
should always fined for making their noises, whipped as well.
FYI, I am *not* a libertarian (not!) -- I am on the side of
workers.