Italy - urbani law

From: Hilbert
Subject: Italy - urbani law
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:23:41 GMT

I'm talking about the italian "urbani" law relative to the internet
censorship. An italian now is obliged to send a copy of any content of his
site to the "national public library" and register any intellectual product
to SIAE. Transgressors are punished with jail.

I'm wondering if this is valid even if the site runs on a foreign server.
What do you think about?

So, is it necessary close even e.g. sourceforge projects?

Regards.