Re: Outsourcing issue flares up at Stanford chip conference

From: Kamal R. Prasad
Subject: Re: Outsourcing issue flares up at Stanford chip conference
Date: 7 Sep 2004 22:56:19 -0700

timjowers@yahoo.com (Tim Jowers) wrote in message
news:<b1b4167f.0409070928.2184da50@posting.google.com>...
> ajv2003 <albert@verbrugh.net> wrote in message
> > threeseas wrote:

> > > there is NOT an outsourcing problem.
> > >
> > > if you do your research and follow the money you will find it was
> > > wrongful, world level, stock market manipulation that caused such
> > > events as the dot com boom and bust as well as events leading up to
> > > 9/11... and even the war on iraq.
> > >
> > > meaning, if there is a real outsourcing problem then the US would
> > > simple make up a bunch of lies against any country getting such
> > > outsourcing and  then go and kick their ass.
> > >
> > > do a search on google for "Trillion dollar bet" and find and read teh
> > > transcript. ---- then ask yourself what really caused world com and
> > > enron bust?
> > >
> > > Money doesn't appear and disappear out of thin air and money of the
> > > amount around a trillion is hideable by how?
> > >
> > > this idea some seem to have about abusing labor in other countries in
> > > order for the US to be top economic ....bla bla bla... is crap.
> > >
> > > Outsourcing is really doing nothing more than contributing to
> > > balancing economic fairness in the world.

Not exactly. It is about getting the best return for money spent on
services. The folks who come to the US on H1B or work in MNCs may not
necessarily the ones most in need of work. Its more about reducing
production costs and less about poverty alleviation. If CEOs &
shareholders could not care less for their own fellow citizens -there
is no reason why they would give a damn about citizens of another
country.

> > > if you have a problem with that, then its clear what kind of person
> > > you really are.
> >
> > Oh, t'is so nice to make your home in Disneyland.
> >
> > --
>
> Tax and Withholding
>
> USA worker: $50k

At 30-35% tax rate, you need an income of $150,000 p.a to pay income
tax totalling $50,000. Why on earth are you complaining with that kind
of salary?

> China worker: $2.5K
> India worker: $3K

Tax is levied as a percentage of income. And it turns out that even if
we wearn 1/5th US incomes -we pay the same tax rate as in US (approx
30-35%).

regards
-kamal