Re: [Fwd: Re: Call for Papers - Software Process: Improvement and Practi

From: threeseas
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Call for Papers - Software Process: Improvement and Practice]
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 12:37:24 GMT

threeseas wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:27:37 GMT
From: threeseas <timrueAT@mindspringDOT.com>
Newsgroups: comp.software-eng

Carol Biesecker wrote:

Call for Papers: "Software Process: Improvement and Practice," for a special issue on "Free/Open Source Software Processes," a publication of Wiley InterScience (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.)

*** ALL INQUIRIES TO Brian Fitzgerald (brian.fitzgerald@ul.ie) ***

Important Deadlines:
- Abstract submission (required): 15 February 2005
- Full paper submission: 1 March 2005
- Expected publication: Winter/Spring 2006.

Web sites:
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jabout/15482/ProductInformation.html
http://www.sei.cmu.edu/community/spip-cfp.html

[snip - see thread in comp.software-eng or links just above]

It may be of interest to note that Wiley is also the publisher of the
twice missed publishing date of "Software Factories, assembling
applications with patterns, models, frameworks and tools."

A book by more or less Microsoft and in promotion of MS claim to
innovation of such. Longhorn is also targeted for something like a 2006
release and is relative to the MS software factories idealogy promoted
in the book.

Patent law.... I seem to recall something along the lines of a year
grace period between first communication and patent application date.

Maybe I'm being pesimistic..... wait a minute, this does connect or
parrallel to MS... maybe I'm being realistic...

is software science research being guided (detoured) by money?

Hmmm, I believe someone already answered that and said yes.

shrug....

I suspect biased (not accurate of reality) submissions will result.

maybe MS will end up patenting some junk.... or is this the opportunity to .... backfire a setup?

something to make you go "Hmmmm"

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipr-wg/current/msg02436.html