Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 10:58:33 +0100

   So if I go into Staples and five finger discount some copies of
   Turbo Tax I have not stolen some software?

I don't know what Staples is or what Turbo Tax is.  But you cannot
steal software.  Period.  You can infringe on the copyright license.
You can steal the CD, you can steal the harddisk, but you cannot steal
software.  Software is not a physical entity, so the only thing you
can do is steal the _medium_--which is a physical entity--that the
software is located on. In the end, you might be violating two laws,
theft and copyright.