Re: GPL and inhouse use?

From: Merijn de Weerd
Subject: Re: GPL and inhouse use?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:59:00 +0200

On 2006-05-16, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
> Merijn de Weerd <merijn+nospam@realemail.net> writes:
>> Right now the GPL makes a distinction for in-house code. Only
>> if you distribute binaries do you have to share the source. I
>> was just saying that that should change: also in-house code
>> should be shared, once it's out of testing.
>
> Why should that change?

Web services are going to replace software distributed on media.
If anyone can use GPL software to offer a service to the public
without having to share modifications, that blows free software
right out of the water.

(I didn't mean mandatory publishing of any edit, but source code
corresponding to binaries used to provide a publicly accessible
service)

Merijn

--
Remove +nospam to reply