Re: "GPL requirement could have a chilling effect on derivative distros"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: "GPL requirement could have a chilling effect on derivative distros"
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:52:03 +0200

> David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>>
>> > Apropos preemption...
>> >
>> > Looks like Wallace is going to end up in the Supreme Court with that.
>>
>> We'll see about that.  Your predictions have not really been too much
>> on the spot.
>
> I've predicted that he would go to appeal if both district courts
> dismiss on standing grounds, and he did.

Uh no, you _hoped_ for it.  That's why you repeatedly got the
suggestion to pay his legal expenses in order to get your hope
fulfilled.  Your memory really is a bit dim.  Apart from which this
would not have been a prediction about the reactions of a legal body,
anyway, but rather the prediction for what a lunatic might do.

I certainly would not entertain any doubt that you can predict
Wallace's actions better than that of the court.