indent problem

From: silversurfer
Subject: indent problem
Date: 14 Jul 2006 05:03:39 -0700

Hello,
I wanted to get my C++ code auto-formatted using the gnu-indent tool.
To be precise, I wanted to use the Kernighan & Ritchie style.
Unfortunately, the output differs from what could be expected when
reading the manual.

This is the Kernighan-style...
-nbad -bap -nbc -br -c33 -cd33 -ncdb -ce -ci4
-cli0 -cp33 -d0 -di1 -nfc1 -nfca -i4 -ip0 -l75 -lp
-npcs -npsl -nsc -nsob -nss -ts8 -cs

Insteat of putting the brackets behind the method name into the SAME
line such as:

void testMethod(int test) {
//whatever here
}

it gives:
void testMethod(int test)
{
//whatever here
}

although the -br option is set. I tried only using -br as well and it
does not work either.. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help
Tim