Re: web services and GPL

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: web services and GPL
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:04:12 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> You are welcome.  Note that I am not a lawyer, but that should pretty
> much also be what you can get from the GPL FAQ at
> <URL:http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html>.

Yeah, the GPL FAQ was written with the help by GNU "lawyers" (like
GNUtian Moglen and his underlings) with an agenda contrary to public
policy on software IP, and who are fond of bullshiting legally
illiterate programmers. Here's what a real lawyer had to say about
the GPL FAQ.

<quote>

[Note: IALNAP (I am lawyer, not a programmer), arguing solely in
Belgian/European context, and english is not my native language.]

[...]

I am reasoning from a legal background, and I believe that is also wat
a judge would do. It is my general opinion, following Michael, that
large portions of the FSF FAQ are simply wrong.

</quote>

regards,
alexander.