faq_opensource: Q1. How is this agreement compatible with Novell's obli

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: faq_opensource: Q1. How is this agreement compatible with Novell's obligations under Section 7 of the GPL?
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:35:56 +0100

http://www.novell.com/linux/microsoft/faq_opensource.html

---------
Have a question you want to ask? Click here [there] to send it to
Novell.

Q1. How is this agreement compatible with Novell's obligations under
Section 7 of the GPL?

Our agreement with Microsoft is focused on our customers, and does not
include a patent license or covenant not to sue from Microsoft to Novell
(or, for that matter, from Novell to Microsoft). Novell's customers
receive a covenant not to sue directly from Microsoft. We have not
agreed with Microsoft to any condition that would contradict the
conditions of the GPL and we are in full compliance.

Novell's end user customers receive a covenant not to sue directly from
Microsoft for their use of Novell products and services, but these
activities are outside the scope of the GPL.
---------

<chuckles>

regards,
alexander.