Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- what makes LGPL "GPL-compatible"?

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- what makes LGPL "GPL-compatible"?
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:54:02 +0100

Three tries. ... Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!

-----------
So, do you have any plan to provide some additional versions of the GPL?

Richard Stallman Well, we have the GNU Lesser GPL, and we can't get rid
of it. However, in conjunction with GPL version 3, the Lesser GPL will
take a new form, it will take the form of GPL version 3 plus certain
additional permissions. The Lesser GPL as it exists today, and it first
came out some time around 1990, I believe, is written essentially from
zero, and it says you can relicence under the GPL, which is what makes
them compatible

regards,
alexander.