Re: gpl licensing

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: gpl licensing
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 12:49:24 +0100 (CET)

   I'm going to develop a project for public administration. They will
   be the users of this software, they are not going to sell it. After
   finishing the project, I have to deliver all the sources to them,
   so I will not own the sources after that.

One never owns software.  Maybe you meant you will not be the
copyright holder of it?  Then this depends on the contract you have
with the company you are writting the software for.  I.e. are you
assigning the copyright to the company that hired you, then it is
really up to them what the license terms will become.  If not, then
you can pick whatever license terms you wish, like for example the
GPL.

   My question is, could I use gpl libraries? I am working for a
   company and they are going to pay us for this project, but, as I am
   delivering them all the sources, I suppose ther should be any
   problem.

If the license for your project is the GPL, then you can use GPL
libraries.  If it is a GPL incompatible license, then you cannot.

It is hard to answer your question due to the lack of details, if you
could provide more (either in private or in public), then that would
be of great help in answering your question.

Cheers.